- Born 9 June 1892, Colac Bay, Southland, New Zealand
- Died 8 October 1917, Belgium
- Killed In Action 8 October 1917, Belgium, of wounds sustained in the field, No. 7 Canadian General Hospital, France
- Last rank Private
- Service number 34816
- Served In 20th Reinforcements, Otago Infantry Battalion, D Company, 3rd Battalion, 14th (South Otago) Company, New Zealand Expeditionary Force, 8th Regiment Southland
- Next of Kin Mrs M.J. Cook (mother), Colac Bay, Southland
- Pre-war occupation Sawyer, W. Smith & Co.
- ReligionChurch of England (Anglican)
- Enlisted23 August 1916
- Embarkationaboard HMNZT 72 Athenic, departed 30 December 1916, disembarked Plymouth, England, 3 March 1917
- Theatres of operationWestern European 1917
- BuriedEtaples Military Cemetery, Pas-de-Calais, France. Grave reference: XXX.A.1A
- AwardedBritish War Medal and Victory Medal
Medals sent to Mrs M. Cook, Colac Bay, Southland.
Profile photo credit: Otago Witness 31 October 1917 via The Onward Project