- Born 26 June 1876, Wakapatu, Southland, New Zealand
- Died 29 June 1916 in action, France
- Killed In Action 29 June 1916, Somme, Northern France
- Last rank Lieutenant
- Service number 16/260
- Served In 1st Māori Contingent, A Company, New Zealand Pioneer (Māori) Battalion
- Next of Kin James Stuart Coupar, Colac Bay, Southland
- Pre-war occupation Foreman, New Zealand Pine Company
- ReligionChurch of England (Anglican)
- Enlisted22 October 1914, Otago
- Embarkationaboard HMNZT 20 Warrimoo, departed 14 February 1915, Wellington, disembarked Suez, Egypt, 26 March 1915
- Theatres of operationEgyptian 1915-1916, Balkan 1915, Egyptian E.F. 1916 and Western Front 1916
- BuriedCite Bonjean Military Cemetery, Armentieres, France. Grave reference: I.C.1.
- Awarded1914-15 Star, British War Medal and Victory Medal
Medals sent to Mr J. S. Coupar, Colac Bay, Southland.
*also known as Simon James Shand Coupar, Simon James Stewart Coupar and Paki Coupar