- Born 25 November 1894 or 1896, Bluff, Southland, New Zealand
- Died 6 April 1916, in action, France
- Killed In Action accidental death on active service (grenade at training at No2 Training Camp, Etaples), France
- Last rank Rifleman
- Service number 23/396
- Served In New Zealand Rifle Brigade, 1st Battalion, New Zealand Expeditionary Force
- Next of Kin Mr Henry Cross (father), Bluff
- Pre-war occupation Slaughterman, Ocean Beach, Bluff
- ReligionChurch of England (Anglican)
- Enlisted28 May 1915, Otago
- Embarkationaboard HMNZT 30 Maunganui, departed 9 October 1915, Wellington, disembarked Suez, Egypt, 15 November 1915
- Theatres of operationEgyptian 1915-1916, Egyptian E.F. 1916 and Western Front 1916
- BuriedEtaples Military Cemetery, Pas-de-Calais, France. Grave reference: V.C.6.
- Awarded1914-15 Star, British War Medal and Victory Medal
Medals sent to H. Cross, Bluff. * Enlisted as Gladstone Henry Cross, named on Bluff Memorial as B.G.H. Cross, named on birth register as Bramwell Gladstone Cross, named on application for probate (Wellington) as Bramwell Gladstone Cross.
Photograph supplied by Te Rūnaka o Awarua Charitable Trust