Harper, George Te Aute
Brown, George Walter Joss
- Born 31 March 1880, Herbert, North Otago, New Zealand
- Died 15 May 1941, Auckland
- Last rank Private
- Service number 16/264
- Served In A Company, 1st Māori Contingent
- Next of Kin James Donaldson, Tuatapere, Southland
- Pre-war occupation Labourer, New Zealand Railways
- ReligionChurch of England (Anglican)
- Enlisted19 October 1914, Otago
- Embarkationaboard HMNZT 20 Warrimoo, departed 14 February 1915, Wellington, disembarked Suez, Egypt, 26 March 1915.
- Theatres of operationGallipoli 1915, Egyptian 1915-1916, Egyptian E.F. 1916 and Western European 1916
- Periods of service145 days in New Zealand and two years, 226 days overseas, in Egypt, Gallipoli, Balkan and Western Europe. Total service of three years and six days.
- Returned to New Zealandaboard Ionic, 25 September 1917
- Discharged23 October 1917 due to no longer being fit for service, on account of injuries sustained on active service.
- Awarded1914-15 Star, British War Medal and Victory Medal