Amos, John McLeod
Te Au, John Ratimera*
- Born 26 September 1895, Timaru, South Canterbury, New Zealand
- Died 16 December 1964, Timaru
- Last rank Private
- Service number 19532
- Served In 14th Reinforcements, Māori Contingent
- Next of Kin Mrs H.P. Rickus (mother), Temuka
- Pre-war occupation Labourer, Union Steam Ship Company, Bluff
- ReligionChurch of England (Anglican)
- Enlisted24 October 1916
- Embarkationaboard HMNZT 76, Aparima, departed 16 February 1917, disembarked 2 May 1917, Plymouth, Devon, England
- Periods of service202 days in New Zealand and 319 days overseas in Western Europe. Total service of one year and 156 days
- Returned to New Zealandaboard Marama, 1 January 1918.
- Discharged28 March 1918, no longer physically fit for service.
- AwardedBritish War Medal and Victory Medal