- Born 10 May 1896, Little River, Canterbury, New Zealand
- Died 31 October 1918, France
- Killed In Action 31 October 1918, of wounds received in action, France
- Last rank Rifleman
- Service number 22708
- Served In New Zealand Rifle Brigade, 3rd Battalion, 10th Reinforcements, F Company
- Next of Kin Mrs M.K. Clough (mother) Little River
- Pre-war occupation Farrier, H.J. French, Little River
- ReligionRoman Catholic
- Enlisted11 May 1916
- Embarkationaboard HMNZT 61 Aparima, departed 19 August 1916, Wellington, disembarked Devonport, England, 24 October 1916
- Theatres of operationWestern European 1916-1917-1918
- BuriedSolesmes Communal Cemetery, Nord, France. Grave reference: A. 12.
- AwardedBritish War Medal and Victory Medal
Medals sent to Mrs M. K. Clough.
Profile photo credit: Christchurch City Council and Little River Community via The Onward Project