- Born 17 June 1896, Orepuki, Southland, New Zealand
- Died 5 December 1916 in action, England
- Killed In Action 5 December 1916. (Wounded in France and died of wounds in England.)
- Last rank Private
- Service number 15182
- Served In Otago Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion, 15th Reinforcements, D Company, New Zealand Expeditionary Force
- Next of Kin Mrs M.E. Johnston (mother), Tramway Road, Orepuki
- Pre-war occupation Carrier
- Enlisted5 April 1916, Trentham
- Embarkationaboard HMNZT 59 Waitemata, 25 September 1916, Wellington, disembarked 3 October 1916, Devonport, England
- Theatres of operationWestern Front 1916
- BuriedKensal Green (All Souls’) Cemetery, London, England. Grave reference: 213. N.Z. Plot. 4.
- AwardedBritish War Medal and Victory Medal
Medals sent to Mrs M. E Johnston.
Profile photo credit: Weekly Press 10 January 1917 via The Onward Project