- Born 24 April 1892
- Died unknown
- Last rank Private
- Service number 8/474
- Served In Otago Infantry Battalion, Main Body
- Next of Kin Phillip Ryan (father), Tuatapere, Southland, New Zealand.
- Pre-war occupation Labourer for Southland Sawmilling Company
- ReligionRoman Catholic
- Enlisted18 August 1914, Otago
- Embarkationaboard HMNZT 5 or HMNZT 9, Ruapehu or Hawkes Bay, departed 16 October 1914, Port Chalmers, Dunedin, disembarked Suez, Egypt
- Theatres of operationEgyptian 1914-1915 and Gallipoli 1915
- Periods of service116 days in New Zealand, one year and 349 days overseas. Total Service of two years and 99 days.
- Returned to New Zealandaboard Willochra, 12 August 1916
- Discharged24 November 1916, no longer physically fit for war service on account of illness contracted on active service
- Awarded1914-15 Star, British War Medal and Victory Medal