Areta, Motu (Mutu) Mangai
Miles William Henry
- Born 18 February 1896, Colac Bay, Southland, New Zealand
- Died 1955
- Last rank Private
- Service number 16531
- Served In New Zealand Expeditionary Force, 15th Reinforcements Specialist Machine-Gun Section
- Next of Kin Mrs Miles Coulston (mother), Colac Bay, Southland
- Pre-war occupation Labourer, D. Cannington, Porangahau
- ReligionChurch of England (Anglican)
- Enlisted7 March 1916
- Embarkationaboard HMNZT 60 Ulimaroa, departed 29 July 1916, disembarked Plymouth, England, 28 September 1916.
- Theatres of operationWestern European 1916-1917
- Periods of serviceone year in New Zealand, one year and 236 days overseas in Western Europe. Total service of two years and 236 days.
- Returned to New Zealandaboard Maunganui, 2 February 1918
- Discharged28 October 1918 due to no longer being fit for service on account of illness contracted in active service.
- AwardedBritish War Medal and Victory Medal